Tuesday, April 14, 2009

San Biagio - SOLD

"San Biagio"
5 x 5 inches on Board
This is such a beautiful church near Montepulciano, Tuscany, Italy. As you drive from Pienza to Chiusi the church is hidden until one last bend in the road when it shines and looks white. This church appears for just a few seconds in the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun".
My computer was out of commission for part of last week. I'm slowly re-installing programs...I had to reformat my hard disk and lost a few files...so much for modern life.

7 comments:

Carol Horzempa said...

This is beautiful!, Judy! I love your colors and loose brushstrokes.

Manon said...

Another beautiful painting Judy! I haven't been to Italy yet but it's on my list. Your painting reinforces my desire to go! Great work!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I love the way you handled so much information in such a small space. Lovely work!

Unknown said...

I was wondering where you were. I was hoping you were taking it easy in a small paradise somewhere.

Sorry to read about your computer being incorrigible. Love this Mission!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi judy!
oh what a gorgeous painting!
i love the clods with the church. it is amazing how such small details can really make the final piece pop. you have an incredible way with not only color, but texture too.

xoxox
melissa

Unknown said...

Wow sorry to hear about your computer Judy - I hope you didn't lose any of your art images! Beautiful blue skies in this one...
hugs...

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Judy, this is beautiful. A big painting on a small format, great job.