Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day


"Easy"
7 x 5 inches, Oil on Board
Snow day this morning in N. Texas. There is nothing on our local TV channels except for local news reports on this snow which has taken over the morning shows. Fortunately this snow won't last and it's not supposed to be too bad here....not enough for snowballs nor snowmen this time.
I was in San Antonio visiting a high school girl friend this past weekend and had a opportunity to visit the Greenhouse Gallery. Oh! It was neat to see some of the artwork of the artists I like, Dan Beck, Gregory Packard, Darcie Peet up close, brush strokes and the rich colors.

9 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Ah Judy, I always so look forward to seeing what you're painting next! This is stunning.

Unknown said...

You have an amazing way of making a small canvas appear to be a large masterpiece!

Unknown said...

Wow I love this Miss J!!!! xoxo

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Always enjoy your palette knife work!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Another excellent painting. Judy I have an award waiting for you on my blog. All the best to you.

Angela Elledge said...

I agree with Sheila, this has a very large canvas feeling to it, love it!

dianne said...

A beautiful, bright and yellow flower arrangement to brighten a snow day. ♥

Hellenne said...

I agree with Sheila, this tiny canvas looks like a much larger painting. And I am loving the new color palette. It's new, n'est ce pas?

JudyMackeyart said...

Thank you to all. Joan - thank you for the award! Hellenne - non, Les couleurs sont la meme. This one is UMB, Alizarin, Cad Yellow light, White and Burnt Sienna.
happy painting -Judy