Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Abstract Palette Knife Painting - Titled It Was

"It Was"
12 x 12 x 1.5 Oil on Canvas
Available
I just went to see the movie "Eat, Pray, Love". Have you seen it or read the book. I wished there were more scenes of Italy, India and Bali - but since the movie was about the main character maybe that couldn't all be put into the movie.
I love watching a movie for it's scenes as well as for the story. Like "Under the Tuscan Sun" or "Only You", both movies that takes mostly in Italy. The movies gave the viewers a little bit of the views of the beautiful countrysides.
I wanted to play with colors - not a lot of them but just keep it simple and yet...this painting does have color as it has several layers and the bottom layer peeps through here and there. I titled this "It was" because I hope to do several of these that can be displayed in a group...It could be, It will be, It might be...who knows?

2 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi judy!

oh my gosh!

how wonderful! your work is truly amazing!

xoxoxo
m

JudyMackeyart said...

Hi Melissa - thank you so much!!

cheers, J