Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christmas Flowers - Poinsettias

I like painting Poinsettias. But taking photos of these are an ordeal. I just couldn't seem to get the glare off no matter where I placed them. The glare seems to catch every palette knife stroke. So, it's a little hard to tell exactly but the I toned the surface with black for these paintings which made the reds really "pop".

The top one is called "Christmas Red" 5 x 7 inches, Oil on Board.
Available on Ebay. $30.00 + $6.00 s/h. Click here to bid.


This one is "Merry", 5 x 5 inches, Oil on Board.
Available on Ebay. $28.00 + $6.00 s/h. Click here to Bid.

A festive way to brighten your Christmas...

4 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my goodness judy!
they are gorgeous!
xo
melissa

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Judy! I love our poinsettias, the ones from you that I have in my kitchen really brighten the whole room.

Unknown said...

Very nice Judy, I love the rich red colours. Every year I have Christmas flowers and I have ordered some from Bunches.co.uk who have some truly beautiful arrangements on offer. Worth a look if you love flowers as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

Love this Christmas flowers painting!!