Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sketches - Row Boat on Blue

Sketch of rowboat
Oil on Raymar Board 8 x 10"
Photo of another sketch I did - getting ready for when I can get everything in order to paint once again. Moving things around. Different paintings spaces. De-cluttering and cataloging. Total Spring Cleaning.
It snowed this past weekend in North Texas. First day of Snow and I open the window to a blanket of snow. Though people grumbled that we had had enough of the cold weather, it was nice to hear the quietness that snow brings. And today it is gorgeous outside. The budding leaves don't seem to have been hurt too badly by the cold weather.
I received a letter from the company that asked to make my blog "green". They tell me that they will be planting a tree for my blog next month. YAY! I wonder what would happen if everyone bought a sapling this spring and planted it. In their own yard or a neighbor's yard...added another life to this planet?
Speaking of adding another life to this planet - Spring is also when birds and bees start getting busy...please be a responsible pet owner and spay or neuter your pet. Having fostered a few dogs and picked up a bunch of strays - it always breaks my heart to see an animal that's been abandoned. Check out Art for the Animals blog on my link to the right!! I'm going to copy a quote from their blog:
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does" --William James
Happy Spring!

No comments: