Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Palette Knife Daily Oil Painting of a Woman - Coffee In Bed

"Coffee In Bed"
6 x 6 inches, Oil on Palette
Available for purchase
What do you Savor?
In our busy run-around-like-a-chicken-with-it's-head-cutoff days, do you take time to enjoy something? Anything? Like birds chirping outside your window? Watching a puffy cloud move along the blue skies? Catching your favorite song on the radio as you start up the engine of your car?
Well yesterday I was driving along a major road when I noticed a little traffic congestion. As I pulled up I saw what was happening. A family of geese were crossing the road on foot. Cars on four lanes of the major roadway were all stopped to let the geese cross. No one got impatient. There were 6 or 7 adult geese, a number of young adolescents and 4 or 5 baby geese. The babies would not have been able to fly. It was interesting to watch a couple of the adults up front, a couple along the sides with the "teenagers" and a couple adults bringing up the rear. The babies did not walk in a straight line, but the adults kept them moving across the road.
It made me smile.
I was glad to have witnessed that procession. I savored the moment.
Have a wonderfully painty day!

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

I just love these stylized figures. Wonderful work, Judy!

JudyMackeyart said...

Gwen - thank you - your leaving a comment inspires me - Judy